A perfect mid-week meal or weekend brunch – this bacon and balsamic beans recipe is a real crowd pleaser. Just serve with crusty bread for mopping up the delicious juices.
- 5 thick-cut rashers, snipped into 1cm pieces
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 4 shallots, very nely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 x 400g tin of mixed beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 x 400g tin of cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 12-15 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 medium-boiled eggs, halved (optional)
1. In a large pan over a medium heat, cook the rashers until crisp. Use a slotted spoon to transfer them to a plate lined with kitchen paper.
2. Remove the pan from the heat, reserving the bacon drippings. Add the oil.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the balsamic, shallots, garlic and brown sugar. Add this mixture to the pan. Season and stir over a medium-low heat just until warm.
4. In a bowl, combine the mixed and cannellini beans with the cherry tomatoes and half of the crispy bacon. Add the dressing and stir to combine well.
5. Top the salad with the remaining bacon and the boiled eggs, if using. Serve with crusty bread.
Per Serving: 709kcals, 29.6g fat (8.2g saturated), 62.7g carbs, 9.7g sugars, 50.8g protein, 22.2g bre, 2.654g sodium
More like this:
Creamy tomato risotto
Creamy garlic chicken