For something a little more substantial for your baby why not try this beef and potato purée? It will help introduce their developing taste buds to the family dinners that they will soon be joining in with!
300g sweet potatoes
2 medium carrots
100g lean beef mince
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1. Wash, peel and dice the sweet potatoes and carrots
2. Add the beef mince to a saucepan with a small amount of water. Cook over a gentle heat until the beef is completely browned.
3. Add in the potato and carrot and pour over enough water to cover the vegetables.
4. Bring to the boil. Then reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally (add more liquid if required).
5. Allow to cool slightly, and then blend until runny and smooth (add some of your baby’s usual milk if needed to get the mixture to the required consistency).