These berry breakfast muffins are a healthy treat in the morning, and perfect for lunchboxes too.
- 325g plain flour
- 150g granulated white sugar
- 2tsp baking powder
- ½tsp baking soda
- ¼tsp salt
- Zest of one orange or lemon
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 240ml buttermilk
- 120ml sunflower oil
- 1tsp pure vanilla extract
- 400g fresh or frozen berries (blueberries, raspberries, or blackberries)
1. Preheat oven to 190°C/gas mark 5. Position a rack in the centre of oven. Line a 12 muffin cup tray with paper liners, or grease with butter.
2. In a large measuring cup or bowl whisk together the egg, buttermilk, oil, and vanilla extract.
3. In another large bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and zest. Gently fold in the berries. With a rubber spatula fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir only until the ingredients are combined. Do not over-mix the batter as this can result in over tough muffins.
4. Fill each muffin cup almost full with batter, using two spoons or an ice cream scoop. Place in the oven and bake until a toothpick inserted in the centre of a muffin comes out clean, about 20-25 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool for about 5-10 minutes before removing from the pan.
Fat 10g Sat.Fat 1.2g Carbs 38g Energy 264kcal Protein 4.2g Sodium .09g Sugar 16g Fibre 1.9g
More like this:
Mango and date energy bars
5 fab sugar free snacks
Gluten free lemon coconut bars