Easy and delicious berry pancakes – a fab breakfast treat on any day.
Use the basic mixture and adapt as you like – bananas and chocolate spread or maple syrup and butter are all great as toppings.
- 55g plain flour
- 55g wholemeal flour
- 2 medium-sized eggs
- 210ml semi-skimmed milk
- 90ml water
- 150g berries
- 1tbsp vegetable oil
1. Combine the milk and water. Sieve the flour into a bowl.
2. Make a well in the middle and break the eggs into it. Begin whisking the eggs incorporating flour as you do so.
3. Gradually add the milk and water mixture, still whisking, until all the liquid has been added and the batter is smooth.
4. Gently mix in the berries (or you can skip this step and pile on to the pancakes at the end).
5. Heat a little of the oil in a frying pan over a high heat until hot.Once the pan is hot, reduce the heat to medium. Add a ladle of batter mix to centre of the pan, and tip from side to side to evenly coat the bottom. Check when the edges become loose (about 20 seconds) and the batter has solidified, then turn the pancake over. Cook the second side for few seconds. Transfer to a plate and keep warm while you make the remaining pancakes.
More like this:
5 fab sugar free snacks
Gluten free coconut bars
Apple and cinnamon scones