An Irish twist on a Spanish classic – this is becoming one of our go-to family recipes right now. Don’t be put off by the list of ingredients, it’s a very simple one pot wonder. Here’s our recipe for chicken, chorizo and prawn paella.
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 chicken fillets, chopped
- 120g Gubbeen Chorizo, sliced
- ½ red pepper, deseeded and chopped
- ½ green pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- ½ a red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- Pinch of saffron (or use turmeric)
- 1 bay leaf
- 300g Arborio or paella rice
- 200ml white wine
- 700ml chicken stock
- 200g cooked prawns
- 120g frozen peas, quickly defrosted in a cup of boiling water
- Salt and black pepper
To serve: Squeeze of lime juice
1. Heat the vegetable oil in a large non-stick pan over a medium-high heat and add the chicken. Cook for 3-4 minutes until the chicken is lightly browned on all sides, then add the chorizo and cook for three minutes.
2. Add the peppers and onion and cook for one minute. Add the garlic, chilli, smoked paprika, saffron and bay leaf. Stir and cook for another 30 seconds.
3. Add the rice and stir for one minute. Pour in the wine and simmer, stirring, until almost completely absorbed.
4. Add the stock and cover with a lid. Cook for 15-20 minutes until the stock is absorbed and the rice is completely cooked.
5. Add the prawns and the peas and heat through for 1-2 minutes.
6. Season to taste and squeeze over some lime juice. Divide between serving bowls.
Per Serving 733kcals, 22g fat (6.9g saturated), 75g carbs, 4.9g sugars, 46.4g protein, 5.7g bre, 1.187g sodium
More like this:
Ginger and prawn fried rice
Veggie chilli fries
Lemony pea and ham pasta salad