This chicken pasta bake is the perfect family food. Simple yet nutritious, it’s bound to become a family favourite.
- 3 x 150g cooked skinless chicken breasts
- 200g broccoli, chopped into florets
- 200g short pasta, such as penne or fusilli
- Knob of unsalted butter
- 100g mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1-2tsp dried mixed herbs
- 25g plain flour
- 360ml chicken stock with no added salt
- 120ml whole milk
- 60g cheddar cheese, grated
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 40g fresh breadcrumbs (roughly 1 slice of
- 2tbsp freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C/gas mark 7. Dice the cooked chicken breasts and set aside.
2. Cook the broccoli in boiling water for 5 minutes, then remove the broccoli using a slotted spoon and set aside. Return the water to the boil and cook the pasta for 10-12 mins or according to the directions on the packet. Drain and set aside.
3. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the mushrooms, garlic and herbs and sauté for 4 minutes. Add the flour before gradually adding in the chicken stock and milk, then give it a good stir with a whisk. Bring to the boil and cook for 5 minutes, until thick, stirring from time to time. Add the cheddar, a pinch of pepper and stir well. Take the pan off the heat and stir in the cooked diced chicken.
4. Grease a casserole dish and put a layer of pasta on the bottom, roughly half. Put half the broccoli on top, followed by half the
chicken mixture, then repeat with a second layer of each.
5. Sprinkle the top with the breadcrumbs and grated Parmesan and bake in the oven for 15 minutes, until bubbling and golden brown.
Fat 11g Sat.Fat 5g Carbs 45g Energy 933kcal
Protein 137g Sodium .05g Sugar 3g Fibre 2g
More you might like
Korean beef stew
Hungarian chicken cassarole
Bacon and broccoli cheesy pasta