Stop everything. You need these chocolate puddings in your life. Gooey, crunch, mouthwatering – the perfect end to a family meal. Here’s how to make them.
- 70g butter, at room temperature
- 200g brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 150g self-raising flour
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 40g cocoa
- 120ml milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract )
- 70g dark chocolate, chopped
- Icing sugar
- Vanilla ice cream
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C/150˚C fan/gas mark 3. In a bowl, beat the butter together with 125g of the sugar until pale and creamy. Add the egg and beat to combine.
2. Sift over flour, baking powder and 30g of the cocoa and mix to combine. Stir in the milk and vanilla. Add the pieces of chocolate and stir to combine. Divide the mixture between four ramekins and set aside.
3. In a heatproof bowl, combine the remaining sugar and remaining cocoa. Add 180ml boiling water and stir to combine. Pour this mixture over the puddings.
4. Bake for 15-20 minutes until the puddings are risen and set around the edges.
5. Dust the puddings lightly with icing sugar and serve hot with good-quality vanilla ice cream.
Per Serving: 638kcals, 22.8g fat (14.2g saturated), 95.5g carbs, 59.4g sugars, 9.6g protein, 4.6g fibre, 0.162g sodium
Tip: Add 60ml whiskey when adding the milk for a grown up dinner party dessert.
More like this:
Bacon and broccoli cheesy pasta
Crispy fried chicken