This gorgeous coconut and orange cake is perfect to serve up to guests or even just as an afternoon treat. Kids and adults alike will love it.
- 125g butter, at room temperature
- 160g sugar
- Zest and juice of 1 large orange
- 2 eggs
- 150g plain flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 170g plain yoghurt
- 20g flaked coconut, plus extra to serve
- Icing sugar, sifted
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4. Grease and flour a 20cm round cake tin.
2. In a medium bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, orange zest, orange juice and eggs. Beat well to combine.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and coconut.
4. Beat half of the flour mixture into the egg mixture. Beat in half of the yoghurt, then the remaining flour and finally the remaining yoghurt. Beat until smooth. Pour into the prepared cake tin and bake for 30-40 minutes, until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
5. Cool completely, then top with icing sugar and extra coconut.
Per Serving: 300kcals, 15.6g fat (9.6g saturated), 37.5g carbs, 21.8g sugars, 4.3g protein, 0.9g fibre, 0.146g sodium
More like this:
Rocky road chocolate cake
Easy vanilla sponge