Melt in your mouth golden cornflake biscuits. What could be better? Kids and grown ups alike will love these crunchy biscuit treats.
Why not get the little ones involved with making them too – small hands are perfect for forming the mixture into balls for baking.
- 125g butter, at room temperature
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 150g self-raising flour
- 45g currants
- Pinch salt
- 60g cornflakes, crushed slightly
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas mark 4. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
2. Use electric beaters to beat the butter and sugar in a bowl until pale and creamy. Beat in the egg. Fold in the flour, currants and salt and mix until well combined.
3. Place the cornflakes in a bowl. Spoon slightly heaped tablespoonfuls of the butter mixture into the cornflakes. Toss the mixture gently in the cornflakes to coat and form balls.
4. Place the balls, 8cm apart to allow room for spreading, on the prepared tray. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until golden. Cool the biscuits for 10 minutes on the trays before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely
Fat 7g Sat.Fat 4.7g Carbs 19g Energy 151kcal Protein 1g Sodium .09g Sugar 7g Fibre 0.6g
More like this:
Shortbread love hearts