These cranberry biscotti are a real treat. Perfect with your morning coffee, or even popped into school lunch-boxes.
- 135g granulated white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1tsp baking powder
- ¼tsp salt
- 230g plain flour
- 75g dried cranberries
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas mark 4 and place the oven rack in the centre of the oven. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In the bowl of your electric mixer (or with a hand mixer), beat the sugar and eggs on high speed until thick, pale, and fluffy. Then beat in the vanilla extract. In a separate bowl, whisk together the baking powder, salt and flour. Add to the egg mixture and beat until combined. Fold in the chopped cranberries.
3. Transfer the dough to a well-floured counter and roll into a log shape, about 30cm long and 9cm wide. You may have to flour your hands to form the log as the dough is quite sticky. Place the log on the baking sheet and bake for about 25 minutes or until firm to the touch. Remove from the oven and let cool on a wire rack for about 10 minutes.
4. Reduce the oven temperature to 160°C/ gas mark 3. Transfer the log to a cutting board and cut into about 1.25cm slices, on the diagonal. Place the biscotti, cut side down, on the baking sheet. Bake for about 8-10 minutes, turn the slices over, and bake for another 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool. The biscotti can be stored in an airtight container for several weeks.
Fat 0.6g Sat.Fat 0g Carbs 16g Energy 77kcal Protein 1.8g Sodium .04g Sugar 7g Fibre 0g
More like this:
Seedy energy bars
5 fab sugar free snacks
Apple and cinnamon scones