Fried rice is a great crowd pleaser and infinitely adaptable. This prawn fried rice recipe uses ginger and prawns, but you can add any spices, meat or vegetables that your family likes.
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 50g garlic, thinly sliced
- 100g cooked and peeled prawns
- A handful of spring onions, sliced
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 50g peas (thawed if frozen)
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 60g sweetcorn
- 600g cooked, cooled rice
- 50ml light soy sauce
- 50ml rice wine or dry sherry
1. Heat the oil in a wok over a medium-high heat. Add the ginger and garlic, stirring quickly for 30 seconds until just fragrant.
2. Add the prawns and half of the spring onions. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
3. Make a space in the middle of the Wok and pour in the beaten eggs. Leave it to set for a minute, then break it up with a wooden spoon and stir well to scramble.
4. Stir in the peas, carrots and sweetcorn and cook for one minute.
5. Combine the cooked rice and the soy sauce, then stir into the Wok. Cook, stirring regularly, for ve minutes until heated through.
6. Add the rice wine and the remaining spring onions, tossing to coat.
Per Serving: 529kcals, 31.6g fat (13.9g saturated), 57.4g carbs, 39.4g sugars, 6.3g protein, 1.1g bre, 0.37g sodium Per Serving 575kcals, 11.1g fat (2.6g saturated), 99.1g carbs, 3.2g sugars, 17g protein, 4.7g bre, 0.48g sodium
More like this:
Chicken, chorizo and prawn paella
Veggie chilli fries
Lemony pea and ham pasta salad