Why not treat the family to these delicious gluten and egg free pancakes next weekend?
It can be challenging to cook for a family that has a member suffering with celiac disease or someone who is vegan, however, this yummy gluten and egg-free pancakes recipe will surely please the whole family with no-one left out! And once you have the ingredients bought in they can be used time and time again.
- 230g rice flour
- 80g potato or tapioca flour
- ½ tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 4 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 370ml water
- 60ml vegetable oil
- 120ml applesauce (or 1 mashed banana)
For the egg replacement:
- 4½ tbsp water
- 4½ tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp gluten-free baking powder
For the berry sauce:
- 250g blueberries and raspberries
- 3 tbsp caster sugar
- ½ tsp lemon juice
1. Whisk together the ingredients for the egg replacement and set aside.
2. Mix all the dry ingredients together, then stir in the wet ingredients, including the egg replacement.
3. Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat and drizzle over a bit of oil. When hot, ladle in small portions and cook for 3-4 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, heat all of the ingredients for the berry sauce in a small saucepan over a medium-low heat, stirring frequently until the berries burst and the mixture is saucy.
5. When bubbles appear in the centre of the pancakes, flip them over and cook for another 1-2 minutes until golden brown.
6. Serve the pancakes with plenty of warm berry sauce drizzled over.
More like this:
Gluten free lemon coconut bars
Gluten free almond cake with blackberry glaze
How to be gluten free