This Halloween bark recipe comes to us from Nessa Robbins from Nessa’s Family Kitchen.
Nessa says –
As much as my children love to make this Halloween bark to hand out in little bags to trick or treaters, I find the best time to make this is actually after Halloween. This is when our presses are most packed with chocolate, sweets and nuts, so this little recipe is a great way to use them up.
- 250g chocolate, 50% cocoa solids
- 150g condensed milk
- 100g candy coated chocolate sweets, such as smarties
- 100g Oreos, roughly chopped
- 75g peanuts or monkey nuts, roughly chopped
- A sprinkling of eyeball cake toppings
- 200g milk chocolate
1. In a small saucepan, over a very low heat, melt the chocolate and condensed milk together. Using a wooden spoon, stir continuously until the chocolate and milk is smooth and well combined.
2. Pour into a large baking tray and as quick as possible, before the chocolate mixture begins to set, evenly sprinkle over the sweets, biscuits and nuts.
3. For the final layer, in the microwave on a low heat, melt the remaining 200g of chocolate. Evenly coat the layer of sweets and nuts with the melted chocolate.
4. Cover the tray with cling film and place in the fridge for at least four hours or preferably over night.
5. Cut into chunks to serve at your Halloween feast. If any is left over, store in the fridge, tightly wrapped with greaseproof paper and tin foil, for up to three days.
More like this:
Halloween Barm Brack
Easy Halloween decorations