Nessa Robbins from Nessa’s Family Kitchen shows us how to make Halloween chocolate apples – an almost-healthy treat for the kids this Halloween.
If you are in search of something easy to make with the children this Halloween chocolate apples are a great choice. I find forks make the decorating and eating of the apples a lot easier than the traditional lollypop sticks. Pop the apples into the fridge the night before decorating them. The cooled apples allow the chocolate to stick to it with more ease.
- 4 apples, rinsed and dried
- 4 forks
- 200g milk chocolate
- 50g white chocolate
- Toppings: sugar sprinkles
1. Refrigerate the apples for several hours or overnight.
2. Dry any condensation from the apples with some kitchen paper. Insert a fork into each apple. Place some greaseproof paper on a plate.
3. In a heat-proof bowl over some simmering water, melt the milk chocolate.
4. Let the chocolate cool slightly for two minutes. Dip each apple into the milk chocolate, covering each apple completely. Allow the excess to drain. Place on the greaseproof paper and leave to set, which will only take a few minutes.
5. In a clean bowl, over some simmering water, melt the white chocolate.
6. Once the chocolate on the apples has set, drizzle over the white chocolate.
7. Sprinkle with toppings of your choice. Place the apples back on the paper and leave in a cool place until the chocolate hardens.
Et voila! A perfect party treat for Halloween.
More you might like:
Easy Halloween decorations
Halloween Bram Brack
Autumn peg dolls