Eating for two can be challenging if you’re trying to make sure that you get all the nutrients that you need. Here is a wonderful and healthy recipe for expectant and new mothers; a tasty lemon pork dish with roast vegetables.
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- A small handful of fresh mint, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and black pepper
- 4 pork chops
- 400g potatoes, thickly sliced
- 1 courgette, thickly sliced
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 tbsp honey
1. In a bowl, add the juice and zest of the lemon, garlic, mint leaves and one tablespoon of oil. Mix everything together to make a marinade. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Place the pork in the bowl and turn it in the marinade so that it is covered. Cover with clingfilm and set aside for 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 200˚C/gas mark 6. Place the potatoes in a baking dish, drizzle with the remaining oil and season with salt and pepper. Place in the oven and cook for 10 minutes.
4. Add the courgette, red pepper and the honey and toss everything together. Cook for a further 5-8 minutes until browned and tender. Set aside.
5. Heat the grill to high. Remove the chops from the marinade and place on the grill pan.
6. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, until completely cooked through, applying the leftover marinade as you turn them. Serve the pork chops with the roasted vegetables and some lemon wedges.
More like this:
Vegetarian chilli con carne
Chocolate cups with coffee meringues
Gluten free lemon coconut bars