This fantastic low-fat fish and chips cheat is a healthy but delicious alternative to the fat laden take-away version. In summer the fish can be cooked on a barbecue.
- 4 large potatoes, sliced into wedges
- Olive oil
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 4 cod fillets
- juice of 1 lemon, plus lemon wedges to serve
- A small handful of fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Tartare sauce
1. Microwave the potato wedges for three minutes, or cook them in a saucepan of boiling, salted water for three minutes.
2. Toss the wedges with some oil, salt and black pepper.
3. Heat a grillpan or barbecue to a medium-high heat and brush with olive oil. Cook the wedges for 6-8 minutes until tender, flipping once halfway through.
4. Remove from the heat and toss with some salt and vinegar. Keep warm.
5. Brush a bit more oil onto the pan or barbecue. Season the cod fillets with salt and black pepper and place on the pan. Cook for three minutes, then drizzle over half of the lemon juice.
6. Flip the fillets, squeeze over the remaining lemon juice and cook for another three minutes until they flake easily with a fork.
7. Serve the fish and wedges with some parsley, tartare sauce and lemon wedges.
Per Serving 379kcals, 4.9g fat (0.6g saturated), 58g carbs, 4.3g sugars, 26.2g protein, 8.9g fibre, 0.67g sodium
More like this:
Coconut and orange cake
Rocky road chocolate cake