A step by step tutorial to create your own homemade and delicious raspberry and redcurrant jam. You won’t believe how easy (or tasty!) it is.
Raspberry and redcurrant jam
Makes 2 medium-sized jars
- 450g redcurrant
- 40ml water
- 250g raspberries
- 300g caster sugar
1. Combine the redcurrants and water in a saucepan. Cover with a lid and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally, until the redcurrants have burst.
2. Press the mixture through a sieve, discarding any seeds or skins. Return the strained purée to the saucepan over a low heat.
3. Gently stir in the raspberries and sugar until combined. Bring to a boil, stirring until the sugar dissolves.
4. Boil rapidly for about 20 minutes, or until the mixture is thick, skimming any white froth off the top. To test if the jam is ready, place a small bit onto a plate that has been in the freezer and refrigerate for two minutes. Push the chilled dollop of jam; if it wrinkles but mostly holds its shape, the jam is ready.
5. Transfer to sterilised jars. The jam will keep for up to three months.
Per Serving: 46kcals, 0.1g fat (0g saturated), 10.9g carbs, 9.7g sugars, 1.1g protein, 0.7g fibre, 0g sodium
More you might like:
Berry breakfast muffins
Basic pancake recipe
5 sugar free snacks