Family food blogger and mother-of-two Rachel Brady shares her tasty dinner recipe, which on a school night should ideally take no longer than half an hour.
A delicious salmon and greens pasta with creamy pesto sauce – basically wholewheat or brown pasta with chopped salmon fillets, broccoli and spinach, all held together by a creamy pesto sauce? Ready in under 15 minutes, and it’s pretty healthy too. If you’ve never tried whole wheat or brown pasta before, then try making the switch now (the kids will never notice!).
- 1 head of broccoli or equivalent of tenderstem, ends removed and chopped into small cubes and florets
- 2 salmon fillets, skinless
- Large handful of spinach or two
- 4tbsp pesto
- 4tbsp crème fraiche
- 250g wholewheat pasta
- Salt and pepper
1. Put a large pan of water on to boil. Add a little salt.
2. Add broccoli and pasta to boiling water and cook for seven minutes, or until al dente – both vegetables and pasta. Reserve a little cooking water and drain.
3. Add the salmon and spinach to the pasta and broccoli, along with the pesto and crème fraiche –and toss gently to allow the salmon and spinach to wilt. Pop on the lid for a minute or two. If necessary, add a little pasta cooking water, and toss again. Season to taste.
Go to www.wellwornwhisk.co.uk for more or Rachel’s recipes.
More like this:
5 spice salmon
Lemony salmon pasta
Lemony pea and ham pasta salad