This simple Sloppy Joes recipe is great for when you need to rustle up something for the family in a hurry. It’s also a really good recipe to batch cook and freeze in family-sized portions.
To go along side, you can slice some potatoes into chips, drizzle with oil and pop in the oven for 20 – 25 minutes. Now that’s a winner of a dinner!
- ½ tbsp vegetable oil
- 450g beef mince
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 150ml ketchup
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Salt and black pepper
- 4 wholemeal burger buns or soft baps
1. Heat the oil in a large pan over a mediumhigh heat and cook the beef, onion and green pepper for 5-6 minutes, stirring and breaking down the beef with a spoon, until the vegetables are soft and the beef has browned.
2. Stir in the tomato purée and cook for a further 1-2 minutes.
3. Add the remaining ingredients and simmer for 20 minutes.
4. Serve on burger buns or soft baps.
Per Serving: 441kcals, 11.1g fat (3.5g saturated), 44.7g carbs, 18.4g sugars, 42g protein, 5.9g fibre, 0.823g sodium
First published by Easy Food Magazine
More like this:
Oven roast sausages and veg
Quick chicken casserole