This is a fantastic low-fat recipe that uses baby gem lettuce instead of traditional wraps. Full of flavour these Thai pork lettuce wraps won’t disappoint the taste buds or the waistline! Great as a healthy dinner or a dinner party starter.
- 500g minced pork
- 2 tbsp gluten-free Thai fish sauce
- 1 tbsp gluten-free Thai chilli sauce
- ½ a small red onion, very finely chopped 1 lime
- 1 small bunch fresh coriander, chopped
- 2 heads of baby gem lettuce, divided into individual leaves
- 1 cucumber, chopped into small cubes
- Lime wedges
1. In a bowl, mix together the pork, fish sauce, and chilli sauce and allow to sit for 10-15 minutes for the flavours to combine.
2. In a large pan over a medium heat, brown the pork mixture for about 6-8 minutes, or until it is fully cooked throughout.
3. In a clean bowl, mix the cooked pork with the red onion and the juice from half of the lime. Taste for seasoning and add more fish sauce, chilli sauce or lime juice if necessary.
4. Serve warm or at room temperature, in bowls topped with a sprinkling of chopped coriander. Serve with a plate of large lettuce leaves, cucumber pieces and lime wedges; the larb and cucumber can be rolled up in lettuce leaves, with lime wedges to squeeze over if desired.
Recipe and images by Nessa Robins
Per Serving 427kcals, 9.1g fat (3.1g saturated), 16.4g carbs, 5.1g sugars, 68g protein, 2.9g fibre, 1.54g sodium
More you might like:
Spiced lentil and pumpkin pies
Healthy pot noodle
Veggie noodle salad